Who Fan Site Reviews: Doctor Who Series 1 Episode 2: The End of The World

    WHO FAN SITE REVIEWS: SERIES 1 EPISODE 2: THE END OF THE WORLD

Rating: 8/10




Now then, onto one of the best episodes of Series 1; The End of The World. In my opinion, The End of The World really sets off the 9th Doctor and Rose Tyler's adventures really well. I am a huge fan of the introduction of climate change in the episode and how it portrays the concept of the Earth burning. Although, I did think the episode was a bit over cramped with all of the new aliens they tried to introduce in this episode as I felt that if they had left it later we would have been able to have a proper introduction to all of the aliens that the 9th Doctor and Rose will later meet across their travels. I also really liked the introduction of 2000s 'pop culture' in this episode with songs such as 'Tainted Love and 'Toxic' playing throughout. With Cassandra O' Brien, I felt she was quite boring and unneeded in the episode. I think the choice of bringing her back in New Earth was a bit of a mistake because I think she was only really enjoyable in one episode as she was one of those 'one off hits'. Some parts of the episode however did make me feel some emotion. For example, at the end of the episode when the 9th Doctor discusses Gallifrey and his past life that did bring a tear to my eye, and so did the Trees of Cheem's death as I felt they could have easily been brought back. Finally, my view on this episode is that it is a great first adventure for The 9th Doctor and Rose but could have easily been improved by having less aliens.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Fan Site Reviews: Doctor Who Series 1 Episode 4: Aliens of London

Who Fan Site Reviews: Doctor Who Series 1 Episode 3: The Unquiet Dead

My thoughts on... Amy's Choice